School Examinations – Student Examination Rules
- Arrival time
Students must arrive at the school 30 min prior to your scheduled exam start time. Find your exam on the board in the Main Foyer or in the Cafeteria. Teachers and Administrators will be available to answer any questions you may have. Students will be allowed into the exam 15 minutes prior to the start of the exam.
- Admittance to the Examination Room
Students may not enter or leave the examination room without the consent of the supervising examiner. If you need to leave the room, put your hand up and wait for a teacher to come to your desk. If you finish before the end of the exam, put your hand up and wait for a teacher to check your materials (and clear your calculator) before you leave. No admission to the exam will be granted to students who arrive more than one hour after the exam has started.
- Exam Accommodations
Students that require accommodations due to an IPP/Learning code or through ESL will be writing exams in Room 1127.
- Student Identification
Students will not be permitted to enter the exam room until they present identification that includes their photograph. All students must carry their student ID card with them. If you do not have your school ID, you will need to go to the main office to buy a new ID card at the cost of $5.
- Writing Time
Students must write their examination within the specified time and may not hand in a paper until at least one hour of the examination time has elapsed.
Students should not ask a supervising teacher questions about their examination unless the examination booklet is incomplete or difficult to read. Students may not talk, whisper, or exchange information with one another.
- Answer Sheets (if Multiple Choice)
Students should use an HB pencil to record their answers on the Scantron answer sheets.
- Materials Not Allowed
Students must not have the following items in their possession during the examination:
- Electronic devices (except approved calculators), including cellular telephones, mp3 players and other listening devices, PDAs, electronic/print dictionaries, thesauruses and translators. Print dictionaries/thesauruses are permitted only in the written exams (English, SS, and FLA)
- Wearable technology i.e. Apple Watches
- Purses, bags, pencil cases, calculator covers, and other containers
- outside coats
- any drink containers (bottles, cans or cups) with labels
All non-essential materials should be left in student lockers or at home.
- Materials Not to be Removed from the Examination Room
Students are not allowed to remove materials from the examination room, besides those that they brought in. This includes any scrap paper.
- When you are Finished Your Examination
Raise your hand and wait for a teacher to come to your desk to verify that all is in order before you leave.
- Student lounges/Cafeteria
The cafeteria and student lounges will be used for study purposes only. This space must be quiet for the students in the school who are writing. If you do not have an exam you are encouraged to stay at home.
- Textbook Return
Students must return required textbooks no later than the day of the exam. Textbook return will take place in the Library Foyer. Textbook return will open 30 min prior to the exam. The Business Office will NOT be collecting books.
- If you have a conflict with another exam, please identify those conflicts to Mrs. Reynolds and Mrs. Gordon in the main office prior to June 2, 2017.
Students are expected to comply with the Examination Rules. Students who copy another student’s work, share work or ‘cheat’ in any other way, disrupt other students, or who in other ways do not follow these rules:
- be evicted from the examination room;
- receive a grade of ‘zero’ on their final examination;
- be withdrawn from the course; and / or
- be suspended from school.