This is it! This is the year when it all comes together and you will see the results of your hard work and commitment!
Pearson offers the following courses to Grade 12 IB students:
- Chemistry HL (Chemistry 30 and 35 IB)
- Literature HL (ELA 30-1 and 35 IB)
- History HL (Social Studies 30-1 IB and Western World History)
- Math SL (Math 30-1 IB and Math 31 IB)
- Visual Art 30 IB SL and HL
Students in Math SL will write their Math 30-1 Alberta Diploma Exam in January of Grade 12. Students in Chemistry HL, Literature HL, and History HL will write their Alberta Diploma Exams in June of Grade 12. All IB Exams for these subjects will be written in May of Grade 12.
Students who are working towards their IB Diploma will also be required to complete the three parts of the IB Core: CAS, the EE, and TOK class.
For Current Grade 12 IB Students
Grade 12 IB can be a stressful year. Not only do you have IB assessments and exams, you also have Diploma Exams, practices and games for your team, volunteering, homework, applying for university, family commitments, … It feels as though you’re being pulled in every direction.
The most important skill for an IB student to learn is TIME MANAGEMENT! Learn to keep track of deadlines in a calendar (on-line, paper, whatever works for you), work on assignments BEFORE they’re due, attend Success Support, and don’t be afraid to ask your teachers for help when you start feeling stressed. Teachers want you to be successful: if you’re working hard, they’ll work just as hard to help you achieve your goals.
Grade 12 IB: Important Dates for 2017-2018
- October 19: Student/Parent/Teacher Conferences
- October 11-20: EE Check-in
- October 20: U of C visit
- October 24-27: CAS check-in with Ms. Hage
- November 6: Chemistry IA Due
- November 20: Math Project Due
- December 11-15: EE Check-in
- January 15-19: EE Draft due to Supervisor
- January 16-30: Final Exams (semester 1)
- Social 30-1 Part A Diploma: January 12 (morning)
- Social 30-1 Part B Diploma: January 24 (morning)
- Math 30 Diploma: January 25 (morning)
- January 22-25: Math SL/Chemistry HL Tutorials
- January 22-25: CAS check-in with Ms. Hage
- February 5-9: EE due (final copy)
- February 23: WIT due
- February 28: TOK paper due
- March 12-16: English Commentaries (in-class)
- March 12-16: Art Show
- March 22: Student/Parent/Teacher Conferences
- May 28-31: CAS Due/Class Presentations
- Grade 12 IB students will present their CAS Portfolio to students, parents, teachers, and administrators
- June 18-28: Final Exams (semester 2)
Grade 12 IB Exam Dates (May 2018)
- May 2 (afternoon): Paper I
- May 3 (morning): Paper I
- May 7(afternoon): Paper I
- May 8 (morning): Paper II
- May 8 (afternoon): Papers I & II
- May 9 (morning): Paper III
- May 16 (afternoon): Papers I and II
- May 17 (morning): Paper III
Here are some important links that you will likely need, in order to be successful during the year:
Policies: it is your responsibility to be familiar with these policies and abide by them!
Academic Honesty Policy: IB and CBE
Language Policy: IB
Items not permitted during exams:
- wearable technology (ex. Apple watches)
- electronic devices (ex. Smart phones, iPods, CD players)
- refreshments (at the discretion of the Supervisor)
- books (ex. textbooks, Coles notes, dictionaries, thesaurus, etc.)
Calculators are allowed for some math and science exams, but not others. Check with your teacher to be sure you are following the rules.