We look forward to supporting families who would like to have their children join our Patriot community. Please click on the quick links below to gain access to our registration documents. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to call our main office at 403-280-6565, ext. 0, or contact a Guidance Counsellor directly:
Mr. Colvin: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ms. Olsen: (IIOlsen@cbe.ab.ca)
CBE High School Transfer Form: Transfers requests are due on March 15, 2017 in every CBE school. Page two of the form outlines key considerations for transfers with preference given to students who reside within a school’s boundaries. If you are unsure of your home’s designated school(s), please take advantage of this digital tool: CBE School Boundaries. Requests received after March 15, regarding next school year, may not be considered until after the first full week of school of the next school year.
International Baccalaureate Programme (IB) Overview: If you would like to submit an Expression of Interest at Lester B. Pearson, please do so by January 15, 2017. If you have missed the deadline, please still submit an application ASAP as you still may be considered. Further questions can be directed to Ms. Hein (email@example.com), Lester B. Pearson’s IB Coordinator.
LBP Grade 10 Course Selections 2017-18: Due February 28, 2017. Members of our Student Services team will visit our feeder schools to collect student course selections.
LBP Grade 10 Complementary Courses 2017-18: A full description of the above courses is contained in this document.
Grade 11 and 12 Course Selections: Students will work with their “Success Connect” teachers to select their courses by February 28, 2017, using Career Cruising. To support students, please use these Guidelines using Career Cruising’s Course Planner.
Work Experience Opportunities: Ms. Lieske (Career Practitioner) and Mr. Eng (Work Experience teacher) support students seeking to stretch their learning beyond Lester B. Pearson through valuable on-site career related experiences. Given Calgary’s current economic realities, students looking for Work Experience Opportunities in 2017-18 are strongly encouraged to see or email Ms. Lieske (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Eng (email@example.com) for assistance. . They can also support you with:
a. Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP): with approximately 50 trades in Alberta, there may be a trade for you.
b. Dual Credit Opportunities: Earn high school credits alongside post secondary courses.
Returning Grade 12 Students: With Nelson Mandela Senior High School opening in 2016-17, more room was created at Lester B. Pearson High School. As a result, we have a limited number of spaces available for returning Grade 12 students. Letters of intent are due in Student Services by March 15, 2017. Please include the following Returning Grade 12 Application Cover Sheet 2017-18 (hard copies in Student Services and the Main Office). Do you qualify?
- Students must be 18 years of age or younger by September 1, 2017, to apply.
- A letter of interest is written to your Principal, Dr. Thalheimer, including the following elements:
- Outline why you require an additional year of high school. In theory, students can earn enough credits to graduate in 2.5 years. What conditions led you to need a fourth year of high school?
- What are your plans after high school? Please be specific.
- What courses do you need in your fourth year? Please be specific. If you do not request the course, preference will be given to students who did request the class. We hire teachers based on student course requests so please ensure you identify the course(s) you will need. Students must need two or more classes to apply.
- Please include a copy of your attendance and your transcript summarizing your grades. The main office can print these documents on your behalf.
- Decisions are made based on how well applicants have exemplified the behavioral expectations of a Pearson Patriot: to what extent are you polite with members of our school community, punctual (on time; regularly attend) and persistent with your studies?
Returning Grade 12 students will receive a letter in July 2017 clearly indicating if they qualify for an additional year at Lester B. Pearson High School. Successful applicants will also receive our August newsletter. Should students be unsuccessful in earning a fourth year at Lester B. Pearson High School, they are encouraged to contact CBE Chinook Learning Services